At Plympton Flyers Little Athletics we have several ways we recognise our athletes and their efforts. All registered Athletes are eligible for a number of awards.
All Tiny Tots and under 6 athletes will receive an award at the end of the season. This award recognises the dedication and continued efforts to improve their abilities during the season and encourages them to continue with little athletics next season.
Personal Best Award
Medals are awarded to athletes in U7-U17 age groups. These medals recognise each athlete’s efforts to compete as much as possible and their endeavour to beat their own best performances, they do not compare one athlete’s performance on the track or field with that of another.
Three-level achievement awards will be available for each age group.
Personal Best Award Table
Most Improved Award
A Most Improved Trophy is awarded to the boy and girl in each age group (U6-U17) with the highest point score. It is important to come to as many competition days as points are allocated using the following point system:
- 5 points – Attendance at meet
- 1 point – for each event participated in
- 10 points – Personal Best
- 5 points – Equal Personal Best
- 2 points – wearing the correct full uniform
To be eligible athletes must also:
- Be fully registered and financial
- Wear the Club uniform
- Participate in at least 50% of the weekly meetings since registration
Junior Improver of the Year
This is awarded to the U6-U8 athlete who achieves the highest point total across all these groups, based on the Most Improved scoring system.
Senior Improver of the Year
This is awarded to the U9-U17 athlete who achieves the highest point total across all these groups, based on the Most Improved scoring system.
Athlete of the Year
Awarded to the athlete who achieves the most points at Championship events during the summer season, based on the following scoring system:
- 3 points for a Gold
- 2 points for a Silver
- 1 point for a Bronze
- 2 points for State selection
- 2 points for a State Record
- 1 point for a Centre Record
Championship Events include State Relay, Multi-Event and State Individual Championships.
These are awarded to athletes under the following conditions:
- The Athlete is a registered member of the Plympton Little Athletics Centre in the current year
- The record is achieved at a programmed State or Centre meet
- Certificates will be presented at a Centre meet at the earliest suitable time after the record is set
- If a new event is introduced only the Season Best performance will count as a Centre Record in the Athlete of the Year point scoring system. This will be for a period of 5 years until the record is established.