For U11 to U17 athletes.
Javelin safety rules:
- All groups are to be supervised by an adult
- Do not throw the javelin for the first time unless you have one of the club coaches assisting
- Carry javelins with the point down and tail up (vertically).
- When storing javelins at the event the javelins should be placed in the ground in an upright position
- Be aware that the javelin can be influenced by gusts of wind
- The javelin must be thrown over the shoulder or upper part of the throwing arm.
- It must not be slung or hurled.
- Round arm actions are recorded as fouls.
|400g||U11 – U14 Girls|
|U11 – U12 Boys|
|500g||U15 – U17 Girls|
|600g||U13 – U14 Boys|
|700g||U15 – U17 Boys|